China’s Vaccine

Justin McEwen, Reporter

China is giving out COVID-19 vaccines before they are out of the Phase 3 testing. This vaccine can be dangerous as it is not proven to be safe and could have some harmful side effects. While it is not proven by the W.H.O. (World Health Organization), China has called it a domestic emergency use authorization. 

China’s main focus is essential workers and government officials. Those who work for vaccine companies are also a high priority, followed by teachers and students. “It may be three to six months before we get Phase 3 trial results — it’s not that long to wait,”Says Dr. MacIntyre, the head of the biosecurity program at the Kirby Institute of the University of New South Wales. “You are potentially muddying the waters for the time when we do have Phase 3 trial data for the best possible vaccine.” 

Hundreds of thousands in China have been vaccinated for COVID-19, including almost all of Sinopharm and China National Biotec Group Company (C.N.B.G.) The companies researching the vaccine have almost all taken the vaccine. Also, middle level officials like vice-ministers, mayors and vice-mayors have taken the vaccine. This is a huge risk as there can be some awful side effects to this vaccine.